Daminion Server 1.0 RC2
Mon, 24 June 2013, 3:00:02 am
Mon, 22 October 2012, 10:04:50 am
Vote for this product
Daminion Server description
Low-cost digital asset management system for small teams
Daminion is a low-cost, server based photo management system for small teams and creative professionals. Multiple users can view, annotate, and edit your digital assets quickly and without risk of losing information; your digital library will be protected from irreparable damage, which is not the case when using a file-server based solution.
Daminion benefits are:
- Affordable price for small teams
- None of the endless monthly fees demanded by hosted solutions. You pay once.
- No need to hire a system administrator, and no specialist knowledge necessary to install and administer the Server.
- Much more secure than web-solutions all your content remains inside your firewall
- Restricted access to content by User Roles
- Ability to work with huge size media archives (up to 500K-1M files per catalog)
- Version Control (Check in/out). Avoid work being redone because you've lost your original versions!
- Powered by free, reliable and widely adopted PostgreSQL database engine
- Import more than 100 formats including
- Super simple and clean interface
- Focused on cataloguing (no built-in fancy image editors and publishing tools) with excellent bridge to external photo editors like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign.
- Quickly classify and filter your content by tags using AND, OR operations
- Supports complex hierarchical tags (keywords, locations, etc.) with no limitation on nesting levels.
- Using hierarchical tags you can describe your content more precisely and as result spend far less time locating your important files
- Automatically sync image annotations (tags) with metadata (IPTC/XMP/MWG)
- Daminion can even write metadata into Camera RAW formats, including CR2, NEF, DNG, ARW, MRW, PEF, without creating xmp sidecar files
- Unlike other content organizational tools, Daminion will correctly write/read hierarchical keywords from/to IPTC/XMP. So your hierarchical structure will not lose data when you export or move your files.
Pentium IV - 1 GHz, 1GB RAM, Windows (32 or 64 bit) 2000, XP, 2003 or 2008 Server, Vista, 7
What's new in this release:
- Access to your centralized image and document archive library can now be restricted by User Roles
- The new Auto Sync-Folders feature allows you to monitor selected folders for changes and new file additions
- Improved Color Management for RAW images. RAW images also import up to 3 times faster